sunnuntai 20. helmikuuta 2011

Happened in the skating rink dressing booth..

I went today skating with a Russian friend of mine. I had to test my new skates I got from a discount sale with 15 euros (!!). And yeah FYI; skating in Finland is usually free and there are plenty of outdoor skating rinks during a cold winter like this.

In the dressing booth (or what do you call the booth by the rink where you change your skates) there were three teenagers and us two changing the skates. The kids were looking at us and the girl was trying to sign something to the other two kids. Only after I said something in English to my Russian friend, one of the teenagers said "yeah, they don't speak Finnish like I assumed, now you can say what you were supposed to say about them" in a way that wasn't polite.

That kind of prejudice attitude is something that makes me see red so before the girl opened her mouth I said quite strictly "well yeah, I speak perfectly well Finnish, so I'm not sure if you want to say what you were about to say. You really should consider when and where to open your mouth".  Those kids were red and quiet after that.

Touché!


I didn't fall!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti