perjantai 31. joulukuuta 2010

The NeverEnding journey to Dublin

Last week I learned many new things about Ireland and particularly about Dublin airport. I was visiting my good friend for the weekend and I was supposed to fly back to Brussels on 20th. My fight to Finland was on 23rd. Due to the weather conditions, I got stuck there for additional 6 days...


My flights got cancelled for 4 times, out of which 3 times I was already at the airport, at the gate, waiting for the flight... After the 4th cancelled flight to Brussels, I decided to book direct flights to Finland. So, I was finally in Helsinki on 26th of Dec.


The first two times my flights were cancelled, I was able to take the situation with humor. But after that, the "stress management" became harder and preventing the tears was impossible. Specially when I realized that I'm not going to be home for Christmas...


Well, there's always an upside too. Fortunately I didn't spend the time alone at the airport, but I stayed with a new good friend of mine for the whole time. I even got invited for the Christmas dinner (with salomon specially cooked for me!) and got presents from Joulupukki (Santa Claus). I was very impressed by the warmth and friendliness of the Irish people. 


Even though I spent the Christmas away from my family, it was one of the best Christmases I've ever had. At least one of the most memorable :)



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti