sunnuntai 23. tammikuuta 2011

Brussels-Amsterdam-Brussels

In the middle of intensive exam weeks, it's good to have a break. So, I decided to visit Amsterdam, since it's only few hours away and I've never been there before. 

I took an Euroline bus to get there (18 euros) on Friday at 6:00 a.m and a train back on Saturday evening (39 euros). The night I spent in a small hotel, which was close to the city center and which was cheap, payed 49 euros for that. So, yeah, not very expensive to travel to another country...

Sebastiaan, my MITIM colleague, was nice enough to show me around in the city. It was great to meet him after a long time and compare the experiences of being abroad for the autumn semester. I rented bicycle for the first day, which turned out to be a really good idea. Got to see a lot more Amsterdam that way. It's really cute city, a lot quieter and cleaner than Brussels. I guess it's because of the public transportation and the bicycle culture there. I love it. 

Now I have only one week left in Belgium, then I'll be back in Finland... 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti