maanantai 11. heinäkuuta 2011

Oh yeah, I graduated

This post is coming a bit late, we MITIM's graduated from LUT on 30.June and from GSOM on 2.July. It was one busy weekend, but definitely one that will stay in the top 5 best memories.  

There was all together 110 graduating from LUT (including the Ph.D & engineer students), so the ceremony took a while, as we all one by one went up there to pick our diplomas. When I finally got that funny light blue hard-covered book in my hand and a glass of sparkling wine, I just couldn't stop smiling. 

MITIM'11
The after party was in the summer cottage close to the Uni, where we have been few other times too, BBQ & sauna. It was really nice, warm evening again. 

Next morning a group of us took a minibus to St.Pete, where we arrived after a loong wait (the bus was 2 hours late) and a long drive. But other than the delay, it was good. I was in a hurry to go to St.Pete, since my parents were waiting for me there. They had arrived to Russia already on Thursday but of course they wanted to see the city from my point of view. Well, unfortunately we didn't have so much time, but fortunately we got a good Russian dinner with some rossiskoje shampanskoje. :) 

Dad & Mom in St.Pete

The graduation party was a bit different in St.Pete, we had the whole Harry Potter -look and overall the ceremony with all the speeches was more festive than in LUT. In the evening we had the after party in Malevich bar with the MIB students. 
Before the ceremony in the main building of the St.Pete State University

The second night I stayed at the Nevsky Grand Hotel, which was really nice (well, I payed 124 euros for one night, so it should be). On Sunday before taking the marshrutka back to Helsinki, I sat in the park behind Ruskii Muzei, went for a boat trip and did some shopping in Galleria. 
Oh, St.Pete, I will miss you...

View from Neva
Oh yeah, a thing that made my graduation even more exciting was that on Thursday morning I got a job offer from Kesko Food (IT department). Obviously I accepted it, as the position matches exactly what I have been studying & looking and wishing for. I will start 15.8. 

So now, it's a holiday!! :D Enjoy!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti